Sunday, September 7, 2014

Wa-hoo!

The manager at Qdoba's personally thanked me for bringing my whole church to his restaurant. I guess I have been going there at least once a month for about a year now and I seem to bring different missionaries every time I go, lol...
 
We made cupcakes for each member of our district. See pictures below.
 
This week has just been wonderful. It has been jam-packed with things to do and people to see with random little miracles all along the way. We met a cute 12-yr-old that might be the doorway to her whole family. Met Joan, who was super nice and strongly spiritual but has the strangest beliefs...I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to explain the precise reason fro Christ having to come and save us to someone who only believes that God loves us and would extend mercy to us under any conditions...complicated.
 
We had these crazy french toast banana things for breakfast with Elizabeth and Jess, now a part-member family. It was good stuff.
 
Blake is bringing one of our potential investigator's kids to church with him, and that kid says he is thinking about becoming a Mormon. Coolio. I've never had the privilege of bringing an entire family into the church all at once, but I'm starting to realize that this is how it normally happens. One step at a time. One person at a time.
 
The Yangs are the coolest Hmong family ever that are so nice and willing to consider our message. I feel like we hardly even know each other but when I told him and his wife that I'm leaving they were so loving and said to come to their house anytime and visit them :) Some people are just too cool.
 
We've been living the missionary life to it's fullest this week. And it's true that when you work hard it simply leaves no room for homesickness, or trunkiness, or anything. I don't even feel like the end is near, which is chill with me :)
 
We gotta run cause we're going to go party with our district and the Packers in GB and live up the time our district has left together :) I've never had a district that has been such a family as this one. We are very sad to be parting :(
 
Remember that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. That's one thing I've learned big time on my mission. God loves all his children.
Also, spiritual experiences never have to end. A mission gets sad at the end because you're leaving the beautiful, happy world of a missionary, and for some reason it seems like the spiritual experiences have to go with it. But they don't. I will make sure of that :)
 
Sister Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment