Sunday, September 7, 2014

4th of July (swedish style)

I went on exchanges back to my old area again this week! It was lots of fun. Sister Brandley and I went and saw several people I knew, and several newer investigators I'd never met, which was cool :) I love seeing that places still grow and change for the better. We also had the worlds best icecream for dinner.
Elizabeth broke down as she contemplated the 30 years she's been away from the church and what she has missed out on. It was a tender moment. She might be a little crazy sometimes, but she is really sincere. I love her :)
The Seymours are our adopted family here in sturgeon bay. Every area has the awesome member family that just reaches out to the missionaries and makes them feel at home. We haven't really had one here, and this one is lacking a solid priesthood holder, but we'll take them :) And Sister Seymour makes DELICIOUS food and just shows us so much love :):)
On the fourth of July we walked in a parade. That was fun. Threw candy to kids and stuff. Wisconsin goes all out for their holidays. It's the best. Sister Karlsson felt pretty weird saying the pledge of allegiance and waving an American flag, haha
We had a depressing lesson with one of our investigators and had to recoup for several hours. He's not lost, but it's really close. I will DESTROY all antiness when I get home. I really didn't think that it was that persuading...but apparently some people think it is. Fools.
We, after a long time in preparing, got a baptismal date this week! With David, Judy's husband. It's been over a year since he had a baptismal date. But this one will STICK!
Kaylyn, a now-8-yrs-old girl we've been teaching moves to Utah today. She came to church yesterday and bore her testimony and started crying and it was the saddest, cutest thing I've ever witnessed. I an going to hunt her down when I get to Utah. She's SOOO sweet!! All of the 4th-of-July-visitors were super jealous of our awesome branch, I'm sure :)
With our difficult lesson that ruined our week, not having the Bakers around was pretty hard. We have this entire penninsula to ourselves now...it's quite lonely. I hope we get more missionaries up here soon, but I don't know that we will. At least the work will move forward :)

Meekness is awesome. Learn it.
Sister Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment